The world is what we share...make it your classroom! Gain an international dimension and a global perspective in your major or program.
Benefits of Studying Abroad
- Increase your understanding of other cultures and diversity in the world.
- Develop a global resume.
- Experience the increasing interdependence of the U.S. and other countries.
- Sharpen interpersonal and communication skills through interacting with people from different backgrounds.
- Improve your ability to use a foreign language.
- Enhance your sense of independence and self confidence.
- Expand your career choices.
Many Different Options
- Travel for a semester, summer, year or just a few weeks.
- Go to a college or do some humanitarian work.
- Travel abroad or, maybe, somewhere else in the USA.
- Utilize one of Delta College's partners in the College Consortium for International Studies (www.ccisabroad.org), work with a different US group or university, or apply directly to the university abroad at which you'd like to study.
- And...many more possibilities.
The Global Peace Studies Program (GPS) recently traveled to Guatemala with a team of students, faculty, staff and community members for a service learning experience. Click here to meet the team and view the students' video journals.
Delta College hosted a community travel abroad trip to Kenya and Tanzania, East Africa from May 10 - 26, 2013. While there, participants traveled into the foothills of Mount Kenya at Mount Kenya National Park, embarked on a game walk at the Kigio Wildlife Conservancy, traveled to the land of the Masai warriors and the spectacular Masai Mara, visited Amboseli park which has a significant elephant population and sits against a breathtaking backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro and enjoyed several other adventures. Below is a group photo taken at the equator in Kenya.
The S. Preston and Dr. Betty B. Jones International Scholarship Endowment or the Lola Bishop Whitney Scholarship for Foreign Language Study/International Travel can help you make studying abroad a reality. The scholarships are offered through the Delta College Foundation, and funded through the generosity of community supporters. They are intended for a broad range of activities leading to better knowledge of foreign languages and of their people, their countries, and their cultures.
Scholarship Application(s) for travel in 2015:
S. Preston and Dr. Betty B. Jones International Scholarship Endowment
Lola Bishop Whitney Scholarship for Foreign Language Study / International Travel
For more information contact
The International / Intercultural Education Office