Student Food Pantry* provides food to help students stay focused on their academic success.
Pantry Hours vary by semester; please call ahead for hours of operation.
WINTER TERM, 2016: January 11 - April 28
Monday – Thursday: 10am - 2pm
and by appointment
*The Student Food Pantry is CLOSED whenever classes are not in session.
Location: West Courtyard Level
To receive food from the Pantry, students must present their Delta student ID card or a driver's license and be enrolled at Delta in the current semester. Students will be asked to fill out a brief intake form with basic information. All student information is kept confidential.
Visiting the Pantry
Students will be provided with various non-perishable items from the pantry. Students are encouraged to bring their own grocery bag or to reuse the grocery bag they are given upon their first visit to the pantry. The maximum amount of food a student can receive in a one month period is a total of seven bags (4 lunch bags and 3 pre-packaged bags). Students can use the Pantry services up to a maximum of four times per month, with a limit of one visit per day.
Donating to the Pantry
Want to help us keep the Pantry stocked for students in need? Donations are accepted during open office hours. We accept non-perishable (non-expired) food, gift cards to local grocery stores or monetary donations. Checks can be made payable to Delta College with "Student Food Pantry" in the memo line. Donations are tax-deductible and a receipt will be issued.
Our most needed food donation items include the following:
- pasta (spaghetti, elbow macaroni, shells, etc.)
- pasta sauce
- canned tuna
- canned chicken
- canned fruit
- protein bars
- rice or flavored rice (i.e., Lipton, Knoerr, Uncle Ben's, Rice-a-Roni, etc.)
- flavored noodles (i.e., Lipton, Knoerr, Pasta on the Side, etc.)
- beans (black, red, refried, pork & beans, cannellini, etc.)
- ramen noodles, any variety
- ramen noodles, vegetarian: Top Ramen (brand) Oriental or Chili Flavor
- Beanie Weenies
- cheese/cracker combo packs
- pudding cups
- fruit cups
- applesauce cups
- microwave popcorn
- peanut/nut packets (individual servings)
- microwave meals (i.e., pasta cups, beef stew, mac & cheese cups, pop-top soup or pasta [ravioli, SpaghettiOs, etc.]
- meat sticks/beef jerky (individual servings)
We also provide our students with miscellaneous items, such as:
- paper bowls - 20oz.
- hot beverage cups - large
- plastic spoons and forks
If a student needs additional help, the following community resources are available:
Midland, Gratiot, Isabella, Clare or Gladwin County
Bay or Arenac County
Delta College Counseling
*Services are provided by funding through United Way