These websites may be helpful in your career planning and are offered as an information resource (not as an endorsement of any of the commercial websites listed below).
- Bay County Opportunity Connection - A central, county wide system (Bay County, Michigan) for recruiting and listing opportunities that employers are willing to provide for students and educators.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - The granddaddy of Web-based salary and labor market data, though it can be a little difficult to navigate.
- Career Coach - Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training for your region.
- Career Ladders - A site with career descriptions and videos provided by the Saginaw County Business and Education Partnership.
- CareerOneStop - a U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration sponsored website that offers career resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals to foster talent development in a global economy.
- Inside Jobs - A place where people can explore what opportunities exist and learn what paths can take them there. We know this experience must be simple and rewarding, and we're striving to make it easy for you to navigate your career and education choices.
- Mind Tools - Mind Tools mission is to help you understand the essential skills and techniques that will help you to excel in your career, whatever your profession.
- Michigan Occupational Reports - Search for reports on over 400 occupations listed in alphabetical order. Each report contains information about that occupation's job duties, salary or wages, education or training requirements, employment outlook, career ladder, related occupations and much, much more.
- Michigan Labor Market Information - The Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth, Labor Market Information (LMI) website. The official source of a wide array of information on Michigan's labor market.
- Michigan Center for Nursing - A site with a wide variety of information about nursing careers and training.
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth - The states workforce development agency with information on job training opportunities and services to employers.
- National Association of Colleges and Employers - connects campus recruiting and career services professionals, and provides best practices, trends, research, professional development, and conferences.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The online version of the well known job information directory published by the Federal government. This book is also available in the Delta College Career Center.
- O*NET Online - An online occupational information network.
- Occupational Outlook Quarterly - A periodical from the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics that provide employment projections, economic growth reports and labor force analyses.
- American with Americans with Disabilities Act – The ADA website provides access to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations for businesses and State and local governments, technical assistance
- Michigan Rehabilitation - MRS works with eligible customers and employers to achieve quality employment outcomes and independence for individuals with disabilities
- Job Accommodation Network - An international toll-free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities. JAN also provides information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Career Education Consumer Report - Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth directories and search programs for finding jobs, education and training resources and career information.
- EducationPlanner - EducationPlanner is a career and college planning site with information to research careers, choose a post secondary school, apply on-line, and find ways to finance your education.
- LibrarySpot.com - A library search engine with hundreds of links.
- StudentAid.gov - Get ready for college or career school, learn about federal student aid and how to apply using the FAFSA, and get information on repaying student loans.
- What Can I Do With A Major In....? - A convenient website maintained by Arizona State University that helps you connect majors with careers.
- What Can I Do With A Major In....? - A site maintained by the University of North Carolina at Wilmington Career Services.
- What Can I Do With A Major In....? - University of Texas at Austin maintains this site matching majors to direct and indirect career possibilities.
- Keirsey Temperament Scale - A questionnaire designed to provide feedback about temperament and personality type as they relate to job choice and career satisfaction. There is a fee for a complete report.
- Personality Type - From the authors of "Do What You Are", a brief questionnaire to determine your personality type and relate it to career possibilities.
- What Interests You? - Exploring career information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Internships and Apprenticeships
- Daycare.com -State by state requirements and licensing standards for center-based and home-based daycare, national database of daycare listings, and assorted product.
- Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs - State of Michigan website that contains information on all the different careers that need licensing.
- Michigan Licensed Occupations - A search program to determine which businesses and occupations require a license in Michigan.
- Military.com - Information and resources concerning life in and out of the military.
- Economic Research Institute - Provides salary surveys with calculators to adjust for the cost of living in different regions.
- JobStar Central - Links to over 300 salary surveys.
- Salary.com - Salary news and advice, job links, and average salaries by occupation and location.