Eligible users who register with Delta College's Career Services can obtain referrals to job vacancies listed by employers, primarily in the local Tri-county area. These services are open to current and former Delta College students and to graduates of other colleges and universities.
Career Services serves as the employment office for all student employees. If you are enrolled at Delta College and interested in working on the main Delta campus, at off-campus centers or in non-profit community agencies while attending school, apply at Career Services as soon as you have registered for classes. The majority of student employees are hired in August/September. However, openings do occur at the beginning of and throughout each semester. Although not required for many on-campus student positions, check with the Financial Aid office about your possible eligibility for the Work Study program. Some college departments only hire students through the Work Study program. See Student Employment information.
Academic Career Experience (ACE)
Academic Career Experience (ACE) is a process of learning which integrates and reinforces the student's academic and career studies with related, productive, paid work experience. This program is based on the philosophy that learning extends beyond the classroom and the combination of classroom learning and practical experience enhances a student's education.
ACE will help you learn:
- about the relationship between class at Delta and life after graduation
- to develop the career competencies required beyond classroom knowledge
- to understand the forces at play in the global market and the new economy, and their affect on the workplace, the workforce, and individual lives and careers
- to make informed decisions about career goals
- to find career opportunities related to personal and professional objectives
- to make a difference in the world through your work
Register with Career Services
Stop in to Career Services to fill out a registration form, meet briefly with one of our staff members and enter your profile onto the website. This process takes most people 30 to 45 minutes.
Off-Campus Job Resources
Michigan Works! has four main locations in the Delta College district of Midland, Bay and Saginaw counties. See Michigan Works! location information.