2015 Student Presentation Conference
April 15, 2015, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Poster Presentations 2 - 3 p.m.)
The 3rd Annual Student Presentation Conference offers an amazing opportunity for students from EVERY division on campus to showcase some of their best work. Delta College students who have taken classes during the 2014-2015 academic year are invited to speak, perform, educate, inform and dazzle their fellow students, administrators, faculty and the general public with the knowledge, analysis, ability and creativity that they have honed here in their classes. The conference hopes to feature student speeches, literary contributions, visual art and film, metal work, demonstrations, and other fascinating forays into the myriad disciplines of higher education.
If you have any questions, please contact Chey Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline to submit a proposal is April 1, 2015.
- Any Delta College student enrolled during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Must have a Delta College faculty member's sponsorship of the presentation.
About the Presentation:
- Length of presentation can be anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. (If more time is needed, consideration will be given by the conference director.)
- The presentations will take place between 10 am and 8 pm. The actual scheduled time of the presentation will be determined by the conference director. (The exception will the poster presentations. The display must up by 10 am and removed at 8 pm. Presenters must be available between 2 and 3 pm so that guests may ask questions and discuss their posters.)
- The printable schedule and program will be available on this web page by April 10, 2015.
- The types of presentations accepted are:
- Readings of created written work (poetry, flash fiction, other).
- Presentation/Discussion of created art.
- Informative speeches.
- Student produced films.
- Panel discussions.
- Material work (metal work, building projects, etc.).
- Poster sessions.
Who Will Be Attending the Conference?
- Delta College community.
- Presenter's family and friends.
- Business owners and community.
Complete the Proposal Form: