Advanced Battery Manufacturing
Delta College is offering a new Fast Start training program in Advanced Battery Manufacturing to meet the needs of a new employer hiring in the Great Lakes Bay Region. This employer plans on hiring hundreds of Plant Operating Technicians and this program will provide the training for you to qualify for these jobs. Starting pay rates and fringe benefits are competitive with the region’s high tech industry sector and will be commensurate with education and experience.
Advanced battery manufacturing Plant Operating Technicians operate, monitor, and maintain manufacturing, fabrication and assembly equipment and processes for the production of advanced lithium ion batteries. Included in these responsibilities for the day-to-day operation are:
- Operating and controlling chemical distribution and mixing systems
- Interfacing with and controlling mechanical/electrical fabrication and assembly machinery
- Safely performing operational adjustments, transfer of materials, process troubleshooting and equipment maintenance
- Working in a clean room and low humidity environment
- Working shift work, including weekends
- Interface with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information
- Understand customer needs and manufacture accordingly
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
There are up to 24 seats available and will be offered to the candidates who best meet the preferred candidate qualifications listed below.
1. ACT WorkKeys® Technical Skills Assessments
Overview of ACT WorkKeys® Technical Skills Assessments:
The following assessments are required for the Advanced Battery Manufacturing Fast Start Program. You must provide a copy of your ACT WorkKeys® Scores.
- Applied Mathematics - Level 4, Level 5 Preferred
- Reading for Information - Level 4, Level 5 Preferred
- Locating Information - Level 4
- Teamwork - Level 4
Only the above ACT Workkeys Assessments are required. ACT WorkKeys® can be taken through Delta College LifeLong Learning Testing Services for a fee of $20 per assessment. Please call 989-686-9444 or email email@example.com to schedule your ACT WorkKeys® at Delta College.
2. Computer Skills (online assessment)-can be taken at online by using this link at no charge. We will access the results online.
3. Work Experience
A minimum of one year of work experience in manufacturing with five years preferred.
- Provide a copy of your resume showing how you meet this criteria.
- Provide a copy of your DD214 (if veteran).
4. Educational Experience
A high school diploma or GED® is required and a two year technical degree is a plus. Please provide a copy of your highest education achieved (high school diploma, GED®, associate degree, or other).
- Have you attended classes at Delta College? If so, please provide either your Student Number or the last four digits of your Social Security number. We will obtain your Delta College transcript.
- Provide a copy of your transcripts from other colleges (student copy is acceptable).
- Provide a copy of your high school transcript or GED® (only if highest educational level).
- Provide information on military training (if not on DD214).
- Provide a copy of your journeyman’s card (if applicable).
Financial support may be available to those who qualify through Michigan Works! Pell grants and federal student loans are not available for this program. We are in the process of submitting this program for the GI Bill -- it is not currently available.
Advanced Battery Fast Start 7 Schedule
TBD. We are working with our partners to determine an employment need prior to beginning Fast Start 7.
TBD. If you would like to apply to the Battery 7 class you can complete and submit the application for class 6. We will accept applications, and notify applicants when a class has been scheduled.
Fill out the Battery Manufacturing Fast Start 6 Application and submit to:
Delta College Room H-111
1961 Delta Rd.