Delta College logoDelta College: Serving Bay, Midland, and Saginaw counties since 1961

Financial Aid Office

Student/Parental Information Sections of FAFSA

For all FAFSA questions related to marital status, applicants who are married or the married parents of dependent applicants must respond as married without regard to whether the marriage is between individuals of the same sex or opposite sex. This applies if the applicant and applicant’s spouse, or the applicant’s parents, were legally married in any state or jurisdiction (including a foreign country), without regard to where the couple resides or where the student will be attending college.

Parents who are divorced or separated but living together must select “unmarried but living together” as their marital status and report information on both parents.


Parents who are divorced or separated but NOT living together must select "divorced or separated" as their marital status and report only one parent's information.   


If you have any questions on reporting marital status, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (989) 686-9080 or


Delta College Seal

1961 Delta Road, University Center MI 48710 | 989-686-9000 |
Delta College is an Equal Opportunity Organization, committed to excellence through inclusiveness and diversity.
Copyright ©