Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiography, Respiratory Care, and Surgical Technology programs require completion of prerequisites and a validation process before registration in restricted enrollment programs.
Registrar's Office Step-by-Step Guide
Application and Validation
- Complete all prerequisite courses as specified in this catalog. All waivers and incomplete course work must be posted on your transcript prior to application for validation. Transcripts from transfer institutions must be received within two weeks after the semester ends.
- Obtain the Validation Application form from the Registrar's Office, Counseling or online here in a printable PDF.
- Students interested in the Physical Therapy Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Surgical Technology and Nursing programs require additional paperwork that must be completed and should speak with the coordinator, review the catalog, or visit their website to the left.
- Complete and submit the Validation Application the Registrar's Office anytime during the semester in which you will complete your prerequisites.
- Registrar's Office personnel will process your completed Validation Application.
- Validation Applications will be validated only by Registrar's Office staff and processed no later than 30 days after the application deadline.
- Qualified students will be assigned a semester and year of validation which will be entered into the student's computer record.
- Nonqualified students must submit another Validation Application after successfully completing all required prerequisites and other qualifications.
- The semester and year of validation will bee valid for three years if renewed each year with the Application for Continuation. This form will be mailed to the address on file with the Registrar's Office.
You need to attempt to gain entrance into a program within three years to be maintained on the Validation list. If the wait to enter a program exceeds three years, you must gain entry within the earliest possible time frame by attempting to register for program entry. Notification will be sent indication when you will be dropped from the validation list.
After your validation eligibility, a new Validation Application must be submitted prior to attempting to register for the clinical sequence. You must have successfully completed all prerequisites/qualifications required at the time the Application is submitted. Should you register within the three-year period, it may be necessary to retake some prerequisite courses.
Delta College reserves the right to modify validation and registration procedures for programs based on demand for enrollment.