Why Delta College?
Delta College offers an excellent compensation package with competitive salaries, excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement benefits, life insurance, long term disability insurance and tuition reimbursement.
Delta College is located in the middle of three communities in Mid-Michigan - Bay City, Midland and Saginaw which offer some the nation's most reasonable housing costs. Learn more about the local communities and real estate in Delta's Surrounding Communities.
Delta College is located near several other large employers including Dow Chemical, Dow Corning and several Medical Centers. Delta College is a member of HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium), this consortium is designed to make it easier to recruit or retain talented faculty and staff by helping spouses find openings at nearby universities within the same region.
Delta is a great place to learn, work and grow and offers programs and services to help its employees achieve work life balance. Some examples of Delta's offerings:
- A comprehensive benefits package:
including medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance, membership in the Michigan Public School Employees Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Plan
- Tuition waiver to full-time employees, their spouses and dependent children
- Professional development funds
- Sabbatical leave and grant program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
Delta College has modern facilities: From the library and science labs to the professional trades wing and the wellness facilities, nearly every area of the main campus has been renovated to provide students and employees with the tools they need to succeed.
Shared Governance: The College has enjoyed 40 years of shared governance. The Delta College Senate is the internal governance structure of faculty and administrative/professional staff whose purpose is to initiate, recommend and facilitate college and governance matters. It provides an avenue of communication and involvement for college faculty, staff and students.
Delta's Mission: Delta College is a responsive, dynamic community college. We educate, inspire, challenge and support a diverse community of learners to achieve academic, professional and personal excellence.
Delta's Vision: Delta College is our communities' first choice to learn, work and grow.
Delta's Values: Delta College is a diverse learning-centered community based on integrity and respect. From a foundation of leadership, we use innovation and teamwork to achieve excellence.
- Diversity: We actively promote, advocate, respect and value differences. We foster a welcoming environment of openness and appreciation for all.
- Integrity: We are committed to honesty, ethical conduct, and responsibility.
- Respect: We stand for trust, caring, loyalty and academic freedom.
- Excellence: We support outstanding achievement in our students, employees, and communities. We have a passion for quality and strive for continuous improvement.
- Leadership: We create and communicate inspirational visions for results. We are accountable to our communities.
- Innovation: We rejoice in creative change. We are flexible, agile, and risk-taking.
- Teamwork: We foster communication and collaboration across boundaries, and support shared governance.
- Learning-Centered Community: We are an engaging, inclusive, diverse learning organization. We focus on academic excellence, civic responsibility and community leadership.