Delta College logoDelta College: Serving Bay, Midland, and Saginaw counties since 1961

International Students

Income Tax Information

All International students who live or work in the United States are required to file a federal income tax form with the United States government. Even if you had no U.S. source of income, you still must file Form 8843 and if you worked, Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ may also be necessary. Listed below are helpful websites for international students to determine which forms are required and free income tax assistance provided by the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.

Income Tax Help

Filing federal income tax forms is the personal responsibility of each international student. Please be aware that each student is ultimately responsible for the accuracy of his/her income tax returns and any resulting penalties or interest. These income tax websites were identified or created by colleagues at other colleges and universities who have large international student enrollments. Most of the information is general and can be used by anyone at any school, however please note that some of the contact numbers and walk in hours only refer to the schools listed below.

Binghamton University State University of New York
The University of Texas at Austin

Resources and Forms

Internal Revenue Service for the United States Department of the Treasury
State of Michigan Department of Treasury
Free tax preparation - Available to qualified Delta students

Delta College Seal

1961 Delta Road, University Center MI 48710 | 989-686-9000 |
Delta College is an Equal Opportunity Organization, committed to excellence through inclusiveness and diversity.
Copyright ©