Motorcycle Returning Rider
This one day course is designed for the experienced, but unlicensed, rider to become licensed and legal. Many experienced, licensed riders use this course as a refresher. Topics will include braking, counter steering, turning, speed judgment, and other techniques necessary for the experienced rider to operate a motorcycle skillfully and safely. Your riding abilities will be evaluated during the first two range exercises. These skills include using the clutch/throttle, stopping, negotiating roadway turns and curves, and smooth shifting. You will not be able to continue the class if you do not demonstrate adequate basic riding skills and no refund will be given. Successful completion will waive the Secretary of State riding skills test.
It is required that you provide your own motorcycle for this course. Your cycle must be titled in student’s name, properly registered, and display a valid license plate. You must also provide proof of insurance and the bike must pass a safety inspection.
Requirements for Motorcycle Safety & Returning Rider Courses:
- Driver’s license, if 15 years of age - permit & waiver form (on website).
- D.O.T. approved helmet.*
- Long pants only - no shorts (jeans are suggested).
- Boots - no high heels or tennis shoes (ankles must be covered).
- Eye protection - goggles or face shield are recommended. Prescription glasses, shatterproof safety glasses and sunglasses are acceptable due to the low speeds on the course.
- Gloves - fitted and full fingered (leather is suggested).
*Failure to bring any of these materials will prohibit you from participating in class.
How to Register Online
To register online and make credit card payments (payment of $25 is due at time of registration)
1. Go to MyDelta (link on top right of the website)
2. Select "Register for LifeLong Learning/CEU Sections"
3. At the "Register and Pay" screen, enter the course number (or search by keywords) and hit "SUBMIT" button
4. Select class from the list provided and hit "SUBMIT" button
5. Enter your personal information (required) and hit "SUBMIT" button
6. Additional Registration Info" screen — Hit "SUBMIT" button when complete.
7. You are now ready to "Pay for Classes". Have your credit card ready and complete all required fields. Hit "SUBMIT" button to complete registration.
8. Upon successful registration, the system will send an e-mail confirmation.
How to Register by Phone
To register by phone and make credit card payments (payment of $25 is due at time of registration) call the Delta College Registrar's Office at (989) 686-9305 or call the LifeLong Learning Office at (989) 686-9444.
If you are already registered for a class and would like to register for another section, please be aware that the non-transferable/non-refundable policy is in effect and you will have to re-pay the $25 course fee when registering. Due to the high demand for this program, Delta College LifeLong Learning makes every effort to fill open seats - registered students must arrive on time or risk losing their seat to "stand-by" candidates.
Cost & Schedule
Cost: $25 (non-transferable, non-refundable)
Time: Saturday; 8am - 6pm
Course Number: CMR-1020-SU400
Location: All Motorcycle classes are held in rooms S-225 & S-226 on Delta's Main Campus and the driving ranges in the South parking lot
We can help! Call us at (989) 686-9444 or send us an email at email@example.com.
LifeLong Learning Personnel has made every reasonable effort to determine that everything stated in this guide was accurate at the time it was published. Programs and Testing Services offered and related fees, with other matters contained therein, are subject to change or cancellation without notice by Delta College LifeLong Learning for reasons related to student enrollment, or for any reason, at the discretion of the college. Delta College LifeLong Learning reserves the right to cancel class and test sessions.