Suggested Library Websites
- Michigan Library Websites (including Michigan Library Catalogs) - view a directory of Michigan Libraries on the Web.
- MeL - The Michigan eLibrary - "is an anywhere, anytime information gateway to hundreds of full-text magazines and newspapers and more than 10,000 electronic books." Please take a look at "MeL Internet" selected by Librarians, especially the "Reference Desk."
- Michigan Census Information - "The Michigan Census Office has done a great job of reformatting the data into tables and maps and adding in-depth analysis of population trends for the 81 counties."
- OAIster - "The University of Michigan Library service establishes a broad, generic, information retrieval resource for information about publicly available digital library resources provided by the research library community." This resource will lead to entire articles on various topics.
- SVSU Melvin J. Zahnow Library - view SVSU Library's homepage.
- ipl2 (formerly University of Michigan Internet Public Library) - The mission of the U of M Internet Public Library is to: provide services and information which enhance the value of the Internet to its ever-expanding and varied community of users; work to broaden, diversify, and educate that community; communicate its creators vision of the unique roles of library culture and traditions on the Internet.
- Bay County Library System
- Public Libraries of Saginaw
- Libweb - search for other library web pages around the world.
- WorldCat can be an index to credible web pages by choosing the option "Internet Resources."
- Bookshelf provides a "growing collection of full-text biomedical books that can searched directly."
- CyberStacks(sm) - a centralized, integrated, and unified collection of significant World Wide Web and other Internet resources categorized using the Library of Congress classification system.
- Delta Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center
- Delta's T/LC Learning Resource and Academic Subject Links
- The Digital Library Collections - this site provides a digital version to books, manuscripts, photographs, engravings and other items from the New York Public Library´s Research Collections.
- Digital Public Library of America- "Efforts led by a range of organizations, including the Library of Congress, HathiTrust, and the Internet Archive, have successfully built resources that provide books, images, historic records, and audiovisual materials to anyone with Internet access. Many universities, public libraries, and other public-spirited organizations have digitized materials, but these digital collections often exist in silos. The DPLA brings these different viewpoints, experiences, and collections together in a single platform and portal, providing open and coherent access to our society’s digitized cultural heritage."
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) "This service covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals. We aim to cover all subjects and languages."
- FindArticles has magazine and journal articles from thousands of resources, with archives dating back to 1984.
- Free Medical Journals provides access to free online medical and scientific journals.
- Google Book Search provides links to some free online full-text books.
- Google Scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, journals, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research.
- HireWire Press is a division of the Stanford University Libraries, HighWire Press hosts the largest repository of high impact, peer-reviewed content, with 999 journals and 3,785,634 full text articles from over 130 scholarly publishers.
- Hot Topics Guide - from O´Keefe Library at St. Ambrose University.
- International Children's Digital Library provides links to free online children's books that are written in many different languages.
- ipl2 - They have changed now. ipl2 is the result of the merger of the Internet Public Library (IPL) and the Librarians' Internet Index (LII).
- The Library Spot - a virtual library resource center for educators and students, librarians and their patrons, families, businesses and just about anyone exploring the Web for valuable research information.
- MagPortal.com "is a search engine and directory for finding online magazine articles."
- Online Books Page lists over 25,000 free books on the Web
- The Open Library "was created by the Internet Archive to demonstrate a way that books can be represented online. The vision is to create free web access to important book collections from around the world."
- Project Gutenberg Free eBook Library "was the first producer of free electronic books (ebooks). There are 19,000 free books in the Project Gutenberg Online Book Catalog."
- PubMed is a service of the National Library of Medicine, that provides access to over 11 million MEDLINE citations back to the mid-1960's and additional life science journals. PubMed can provide some links to sites with free full-text scholarly journal articles and resources
Delta College Library, A-110
1961 Delta Road
University Center, MI 48710