Clinical Agency Requirements
As a clinical student, it is your responsibility to maintain current health records while in the nursing program. For admission to all clinical agencies, students must have on file a copy of the following items:
1. A Physical Examination is required (must use Delta's physical form) prior to entry into the the Nursing program of choice
2. Annual Negative TB Skin Test (a positive skin test requires documentation by a physician’s statement or by a chest x-ray every two (2) years)
3. Hepatitis B Vaccine documentation or signed waiver form
4. Influenza vaccination required annually
5. Immunization Documentation of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) (you are exempt if you were born 1957 or earlier)
6. Tetanus/Diptheria/Acellular (TD, Tdap) vaccination current within the last 10 years, or titer
7. Varicella vaccination or documentation of diagnosis or verification of disease by health care provider
Additional Program Requirements
- Current State of Michigan certification as a Nursing Assistant or Employment Verification for students validated for the full-time ADN, part-time ADN, and Practical Nurse program Tracks.
- All students must have proof of CPR for the HealthCare Provider (American Heart Association - "BLS Provider"); (American Red Cross - "Basic Life Support For Health Care Providers" or "CPR for the Professional Rescuer"). Your CPR must include 1 and 2-person Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant, Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques, bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant, Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant, Relief of choking for adult, child and infant, and CPR with an advanced airway. No exceptions!
- Fingerprinting (to be completed at Delta's Public Safety Office). Students must go to the Delta College Bookstore and information them you are there to pay for fingerprinting for the nursing program. The fee for Fingerprinting is $75; the charge is financial aid eligible - inquire with the Bookstore about your remaining financial aid funds for the fee, if applicable. The bookstore will provide you with a receipt/voucher for payment. Fingerprinting is completed in Public Safety Office N102; you will take your receipt and LiveScan Fingerprint Request Form (PDF) to the Public Safety Office. We do not accept fingerprinting from other agencies.
- Additional documents will be provided at orientation.