A field trip to the Delta College Planetarium and Learning Center is an interactive learning adventure for groups of all ages. The shows at Delta's Planetarium bring science to life and encourage an excitement for learning.
At the Delta College Planetarium, your group will enjoy hands-on activities and explore facts about the Universe that will stay with them long after they've left.
Make Your Reservation
All groups from schools or other organizations must have reservations. Please contact us at least two weeks in advance of when you would like to come.
Before you call
Check our Group Show Schedule to see when programs are offered.
Check your transportation availability.
Have a first and second choice of possible dates and times.
Schools and private groups can choose any title from our Show Library.
Please note: A minimum of one week notice is required for any cancellations. Failure to cancel in advance will result in being charged a $75 fee, except for weather issues or other verifiable reasons acceptable to Delta College.
- Age level
- Number of children, adults, seniors in group
- Name of person in charge of group
- Organization name, address and phone number
- Preferred dates and times with first and second choices
- If you have a group with disabled individuals, please inform us when you make reservations so we may plan with you to try to meet their special needs.
- Show you would like to see. Visit our Show Library for complete list of shows.
Before you come
- If you have children or students, please arrange for 1 adult chaperone for every 10 children. Chaperons are required to supervise groups at all times.
- Review expected behavior with your group if you have children.
- Collect admission fees prior to your arrival.
When you arrive
- Allow at least 15 minutes before the scheduled program start time.
- Person(s) in charge of group must check in at the Gift Shop to verify numbers and pay fees.
- Enter the building at the Water Street main entrance (across from Wenonah Park) if you are arriving by bus. Buses may drop groups off at this door and park there during your visit. Water Street in Bay City is a two way street and signs indicate the best location for bus loading and unloading. Cars should park in the Planetarium parking lot off Sixth Street.
- Attend to personal needs prior to being seated in the Planetarium Theater.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the theater
- Before and after the show, you are welcome to take pictures in the theater. Once the show starts, however, please refrain from taking pictures or using your cell phone.
- Due to dark conditions during the program, anyone who leaves will not be readmitted. Chaperons must supervise children using restrooms.
Private groups can pick from any of the Dome360 shows.
For private groups of 20 or more people, ticket prices are $7 per person, regardless of age.
There is a $140 minimum charge per show for all private groups with numbers of 20 or less.
Payment is due prior to or on the day of your scheduled program. Please make checks payable to Delta College. Discover, MasterCard and VISA are also accepted.
Our theater seats 146 plus we have an additional 6 handicap accessible spots. Due to Fire Codes, standing is prohibited.
School groups can pick from any of the Dome360 shows.
Ticket prices are $3 per student. One free teacher per class, all additional adults are $3 per person.
Payment is due prior to or on the day of your scheduled program. Make checks payable to Delta College. Checks from schools written in advance for reserved headcounts will be deposited for that amount. Change will not be tendered. Discover, MasterCard and VISA are also accepted.
School groups of similar ages may be combined from multiple schools. Our theater seats 146 plus we have an additional 6 handicap accessible spots. Due to Fire Codes, standing is prohibited.
We do not have rooms available for dining.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays – 10:30am & 12:30pm
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays – Time arranged with group leader