Public Safety - Evacuation Procedure
- Department of Public Safety 9111
- If Public Safety cannot be reached 911
- All buildings will be evacuated when an alarm sounds and/or upon notification by the Department of Public Safety or Building Coordinator.
- When the building evacuation alarm, fire alarm, is activated during an emergency, leave by the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- Assist the handicapped in exiting the building. Remember that the elevators are reserved for handicapped persons. Do not use the elevators in case of fire.
- Once outside, proceed to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the building. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. Know your area assembly points.
- DO NOT return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by a College official.
- Evacuation of all or part of the campus grounds will be announced by Public Safety as directed.
- All persons (students and staff) are to immediately vacate the site in question and relocate to another part of the campus grounds as directed.
IMPORTANT: After any evacuation, report to your designated area assembly point. Stay there until an accurate headcount is taken. The Building Emergency Coordinator will take attendance and assist in the accounting for all building occupants.