Public Safety - Evacuation Procedure
- On Campus Call 9111
- Off Campus or Centers Call 989-686-9111 or Call 911
- If Public Safety cannot be contacted Call 911
- All buildings will be evacuated when an alarm sounds and/or upon notification by the Department of Public Safety or by the off campus learning center coordinators.
- When the building alarm or fire alarm is activated during an emergency, leave by the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- ASSIST PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES IN EXITING THE BUILDING! Remember that the elevators are reserved for persons with disabilities. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
- Once outside proceed to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the building. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. Know your area assembly points.
- DO NOT return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by a College official.
- Evacuation of all or part of the campus grounds will be announced by the Department of Public Safety as directed.
- All persons (students and staff) are to immediately vacate the site in question and relocate to another part of the campus grounds as directed.
IMPORTANT: After any evacuation, report to your designated safe area. Stay there until an accurate headcount is taken. The Building Emergency Coordinator will take attendance and assist in the accounting for all building occupants.