You must complete and submit a Graduation Application before you can graduate.
- Any questions pertaining to the completion of the Graduation Application may be directed to a counselor/advisor.
- Complete the Application by filling out the Graduation Application (Login Required) and submitting it electronically (all information must be completed). Incomplete/inaccurate applications will be returned to you, resulting in possible delays in processing/awarding your degree.
- The deadline to apply for graduation is three months prior to the month you intend to graduate. (Example: if you are graduating in January, the deadline is October 31st; February deadline is November 30th; etc.)
- ABS Degrees: If you are applying for a subsequent degree (ABS.85005 - Northwood 3 + 1 or ABS.10255 - Business Management), you must submit documentation of degree if awarded from an institution other than Delta College.
- If your attendance has not been continuous (attending a minimum one semester during each academic year since your first registration), you must follow the program and catalog in effect or later than the time of our readmission or re-enrollment.
NOTE: Any outstanding transfer credit, incompletes, waivers, or substitutions may have an effect on the processing/awarding of your degree/certificate for the month you intend to graduate. It is your responsibility to make sure all degree/certificate requirements are met prior to your graduation.
Delta holds one graduation ceremony per year, which is held at the end of the Winter semester (usually in April or May). If you graduated during the previous Spring/Summer semester (May/June/July/August), Fall semester (September/October/November/December), Winter semester (January/February/March) or are scheduled to graduate at the end of the Winter semester (April), you may take part in the ceremony.
- Students who have successfully completed graduation requirements in the Spring/Summer semester (May/June/July/August), Fall semester (September/October/November/December), and Winter semester (January/February/March) will have their names included in the commencement brochure and will be sent information regarding commencement-related activities (caps/gowns, awards, etc.) by the Dean of Students Office.
- Students who intend on graduating in the Winter semester (April) should apply for graduation as soon as possible to have their names included in the commencement brochure. Applications received after March 1 will not be included in the commencement brochure. Those applying by March 1 will have their names included in the commencement brochure and will be sent information regarding commencement-related activities by the Dean of Students Office . Students who wish to take part in commencement, but file their Graduation Application after March 1, may contact the Dean of Students Office for details on graduation.
Additional Commencement Information
Transcripts and Diploma/Certificate
Upon graduation and receipt of final grades, your degree/certificate and date of graduation will be posted on your transcript. You will receive a "graduate copy" of your transcript and your diploma/certificate approximately two weeks after degree completion. They are mailed to the address shown on record. If a change in address occurs, please contact the Registrar's Office.