Delta College logoDelta College: Serving Bay, Midland, and Saginaw counties since 1961

Registrar's Office

Name/Address Changes

To have your name/address officially changed, you will need to complete and submit a Name/Address Change form to the Registrar's Office with appropriate documentation. If you are changing your name and would like your user name changed as well, make sure to check the Change Username box on the Name/Address Change form as it does not change automatically.

Preferred Name

Delta College recognizes that as a community its members use names other than their legal names to identify themselves. As long as the use of a different name is not for the purposes of misrepresentation, the college agrees a student or staff member may choose to identify themselves within the college's information systems with a preferred first name in addition to their legal name. This preferred first name may be used in appropriate college processes and communications except where the use of the legal name is required for college business or legal need.

How do I set a preferred name?

  • complete the Preferred Name form
  • submit the form in person to the Registrar's Office (B100) or the Vice President of Student Services Office (B137a)
  • present photo identification

Can I set my preferred name to whatever I want?

Yes, but the college reserves the right to deny or remove a preferred name if it is used intentionally for misrepresentation, or is deemed inappropriate.

Can I use my preferred name for everything at the college?

No. Your legal name will continue to be used in business processes that require use of the legal name.

Places Where Preferred First Name Can Be Used

  • Class Rosters
  • MyDelta Class lists
  • Learning Management System (D2L)
  • Email and Username
  • Name Badge (turn in old, get new free)

Places Where Legal First Name is Used

  • Student Accounts
  • Financial Aid
  • Tax Forms
  • Responses to enrollment inquiries such as verification
  • Official Transcripts
  • US Postal Mail


Delta College Seal

1961 Delta Road, University Center MI 48710 | 989-686-9000 |
Delta College is an Equal Opportunity Organization, committed to excellence through inclusiveness and diversity.
Copyright ©