Pass/No Credit Option
The Pass/No Credit grade option is available for several courses at Delta College. If you are interested in this grading option in place of the usual "A" through "F" grading system, you should declare this choice at registration or before 80% (four-fifths) of the section has been completed. The deadline date for a course you are registered in can be found by viewing your My Class Schedule through your MyDelta account. You must complete an online Pass/No Credit form.
Check list below for approved classes.
Guidelines and Procedures for P/NC Grades:
- Grades on the P/NC system are not included in computing the semester or cumulative point average.
- Grade of "P" (Pass): Credit is granted and represents performance at or above the "C"/2.0 level. Grade of "NC" (No Credit): No credit is granted and represents performance at or below the "C-"/1.7 level.
- You may not apply more than a total of 12 credits of P/NC course work toward Delta graduation requirements.
- Enrollment on a P/NC basis is recorded with the Registrar's Office. No indication of your P/NC status will be communicated to a faculty member by any office of the College.
- A letter grade will be on file in the Registrar's Office, but only "P" or "NC" will appear on your transcript.
- Course prerequisites and other criteria for enrolling in any course shall be determined by the Department or Division offering the course and apply equally to both the traditional and the P/NC grading systems.
- If you are planning to transfer, you should first check with a Delta counselor regarding the acceptance of the P/NC grade option for specific courses by the transfer institution.
Pass/No Credit Conversion Option
- If you desire to have any grades converted from P/NC to letter grades, you may do so by submitting a Pass/No Credit Conversion request to the Registrar's Office no later than the end of the following semester after the P/NC grade was issued.
Approved Pass/No Credit Courses