Guide for Validation Process
1. Complete and submit the Validation Application Form to the Registrar's Office. The form may be submitted any time from the start date to the end date of the semester in which you complete your prerequisites. Any additional documents required with your program choice must be turned in with your application.
2. Notification of Validation Status (Validated or Not Validated)
Your validation application will be evaluated to make sure you have all the required courses/test scores for the program for which you applied. You may receive two notifications. The first one will notify you if you are missing a prerequisite, transcript for transferred in, or if grades are pending for current classes, it does not verify validation. The final audit will verify that you have “satisfied all prerequisite requirements” OR that you were denied and why. These notices will be sent by mail and should be received no later than 30 days after semester grades are submitted.
3. If you have successfully validated, your notice will state your validation semester and when your validation will expire. Your semester of validation remains the same throughout the three year validation period.
So, You Have Validated, What’s Next?
1. A Special Clinical Registration/Waitlist period will be held for validated students to enter the restricted enrollment courses of health programs. Check online at www.delta.edu for the Special Clinical Registration/Waitlist dates and offerings. Special registrations are usually held in early June for Fall semester, and late October for Winter semester. Validated students are responsible to check out the appropriate dates and put themselves on the waitlist each time the Special Registration/Waitlist is held for their program. Waitlists do not carry over from one semester to the next.
NOTE: If you have not been an active student at Delta College in the past two years prior to your registration, go online at www.delta.edu > Apply Online to be re-admitted prior to the Special Clinical Registration/Waitlist period.
Financial Aid Students: Please apply for Financial Aid three months prior to the semester that you anticipate getting into clinicals. Waiting until you actually get in will be too late.
2. Certification of Registration and Payment
Registration for validated students will not be official until it has been verified that all requirements have been met, usually within one week following the Special Clinical Registration/Waitlist period. Once registration has been verified, you will be registered in the appropriate classes and notified by email. Top 10 alternates will receive emails also.
Make Payment: Please check for the payment deadline and make payment. Failure to meet the payment deadline will result in being dropped for non-payment and your place will go to the next person on the waitlist.
Once you are registered and payment is made, you must attend the mandatory orientation(s). Orientation information is listed online at www.delta.edu.
In the third year of your validation you must place yourself on the Special Clinical Registration/Waitlist. Should your program fill and you do not get in, your validation will be extended one year.