“The Green Jackets”: Student Ambassador Program
Are you looking to become more involved on campus and be a part of something new and exciting? Consider applying for the Student Ambassador Program. The "Green Jackets" are a selected group of outstanding students who are chosen to represent Delta College and promote its many benefits to the community and to potential students. The program provides great opportunities for leadership development and professional growth.
Ambassador Roles and Duties
- Create meaningful mentorship connections with prospective and new students by sharing personal experiences and knowledge.
- Heighten college awareness and promote a “college-going” culture among students in the Great Lakes Bay Region; represent Delta College at recruitment and Foundation events.
- Conduct informative and in-depth campus tours for groups as well as for individual prospective students.
- Raise awareness of student events and opportunities through student-based promotion and marketing.
- Operate and oversee student blogs and social networking sites for targeted student populations.
- Work closely with students clubs, Athletics teams, and other campus life initiatives to enhance student co- and extra-curricular involvement.
- Participate in campus committees/initiatives that may request student participation and/or feedback.
- Maintain positive academic performance throughout their involvement with the program, a minimum of a 3.0 gpa is required to participate as an Ambassador.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for both the fall and winter semesters.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Commit a minimum of 10 hours each month to the Ambassadors program.
- Regularly attend scheduled monthly meetings and leadership trainings.
Interested? Contact us!
If you're interested in learning more about becoming an ambassador, please contact Tiffany Sheppard (email@example.com) or Amy McPike (firstname.lastname@example.org).