Delta College logoDelta College: Serving Bay, Midland, and Saginaw counties since 1961

Services for Veterans

Veteran Educational Benefits

Delta College has one of the largest veteran student populations in the area and wants you to take advantage of your veteran's benefits. We have an extensive history of serving veterans and can provide academic training that will assist you in entering the civilian workforce.

Use the New Student Guide to guide you through the process of admitting, registering and applying for education benefits under the GI Bill here at Delta College. The most current GI Bill information is available at the GI Bill website.   

Applying for Benefits

Applying for GI Bill Benefits - Fill out an online application using VONAPP (Veteran Online Application). Approximately 6-8 weeks after you apply for benefits the VA will send a certificate of eligibility (COE) to you; bring it into the Veteran Services Office at Delta. For questions about the status of your application or payments call the VA at 1-800-442-4551.

In addition, submit to Delta’s Veteran Services Office a VA Educational Benefits Certification Request (PDF) form to request VA certification.

Transferring to Delta College - If you've been receiving GI bill benefits and you're changing schools, complete the Change of Place of Training form (22-1995 for chapters 30, 31, 33, 1606, 1607) or (22-5495 for dependents or spouses of Chapter 35). Download the form from the link above or stop by Veteran Services in B100. Give the completed form to the Veteran Services Office. In addition, submit to Delta’s Veteran Services Office a VA Educational Benefits Certification Request (PDF) form to request VA certification.

Tuition Assistance

Guest Students - If you are attending Delta College as a guest student and are requesting VA certification, your home school must submit and send to the Veteran Services Office a parent institution letter stating that the courses you are taking at Delta College will satisfy the degree requirements at your home school. In addition, complete the Delta College VA Educational Benefits Certification Request (PDF) form each semester and submit to Delta’s Veteran Services Office to request VA certification. If you are a Delta College student attending another college, please see the Veteran Services Office for a parent letter.

Credit Hour Equivalence

Short course training time (Chapters 30, 35, 1606, and 1607) - The VA pays education benefits for enrollment periods less than 15 weeks long based on credit equivalents. Delta Must report to the VA the credits and actual start and end dates of short courses; VA makes the conversion to the equivalent training time. Use the following table to preview your credit equivalents for spring/summer short courses.

Credit Hour Equivalence


VA Contact Information
U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
Regional Processing Office
400 South 18th Street
St. Louis MO 63103-9722
888-442-4551 (Monday – Wednesday 7 am – 5 pm Central Time

Delta College Veteran Services Office
B100 (within the Registrar’s Office)
1961 Delta Road
University Center MI 48710
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 8 am – 6 pm, Friday 8 am - 4 pm. Phone: (989) 686-9465
Fax: (989) 667-2221

Delta College Seal

1961 Delta Road, University Center MI 48710 | 989-686-9000 |
Delta College is an Equal Opportunity Organization, committed to excellence through inclusiveness and diversity.
Copyright ©