Implicit Bias for the Healthcare Worker
Two hour online training
This live interactive online course is focused on raising awareness of unconscious bias and steps each individual may take to prevent these behaviors from affecting decisions and interactions with co-workers and patients. This 2-hour webinar permits live synchronous interaction.
You will learn:
- Understand the definition of implicit bias
- Understand how implicit bias impacts health outcomes
- Understand the primary and secondary dimensions of diversity
- Identify strategies to mitigate implicit bias in physical therapy
Requirements: Computer, reliable internet connection and ZOOM capabilities. This class is interactive and requires your video remain on for breakout rooms and student engagement.
*This class is non-refundable and non-transferable. Delta College will email you a “Certificate of Completion” within two business days of class completion. In the event the class must be canceled due to a Delta College emergency, the option to receive a refund or reschedule to another class session will be provided. Please call 989-758-3631 with questions about registration or payment.
Date and time: Wednesday, April 12, 6-8pm
Registration deadline: April 9
Registration requires VISA or MasterCard as form of payment at time of registration. Charges reflected on your credit card statement will read as coming from “Active Network."
ONLINE LEARNING FROM ED2GO
Taking online classes is a great way to grow personally or professionally. Whether you want to build your résumé or take a class for fun, our online courses will fit your schedule – anytime, anywhere!
The online classes offered through Ed2Go in partnership with Delta College are non-credit. You can take them anytime, anywhere, and don’t have to be a registered student at Delta College.
Through the Ed2Go partnership, we are able to offer thousands of courses, tutorials, and career training programs. See your options visit the course catalog.
These courses start monthly and last six weeks. This generally covers 24 hours of material. The instructor uploads course work weekly and you download at a time convenient for you. You work at your own pace, downloading assignments, completing and posting your homework, and participating through discussion boards with other students and the instructor.
A great way to build your skills in just a few hours of time. Most tutorials can be completed in a few hours and you may start anytime. These courses are self-study allowing you to complete at your own pace.
Register now for popular personal enrichment classes:
- Discover Digital Photography
- Mastering yours SLR Camera for Beginners
- Certificate in Mindfulness
- Lose Weight and Keep It Off
- Introduction to Natural Health and Healing
- Personal Finance
Register now for high-demand professional development classes:
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2016
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2013
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2016
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma
Online career training certificate programs
These are robust programs designed to prepare you for a new career. You can start anytime, and many programs can be completed in less than six months. These are instructor led courses providing personal assistance. All study materials are provided. Delta College encourages any student pursuing state of Michigan credentialing to contact the state agency to confirm eligibility of on-line program certification prior to enrolling. Check out the complete career course catalog.
Popular career training programs:
- Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office 2013 Master
- AutoCAD 2018 Certified User
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Exam Cost Included)
- COMP TIA A+ with ITIL Foundation
- Grant Writing & Non Profit Management
- Human Resources Professional
- Mastering Project Management with Microsoft Project 2016