Seeking financial support for training at your business? There are several training initiatives available in the region. Make Delta College your preferred training partner and see why businesses that choose Delta College save thousands. Businesses who are expanding in the next 12-18 months can also take advantage of Michigan New Jobs Training Program, which provides free training to new eligible employees.
Going PRO Talent Fund application is open now for regional businesses!
Businesses that need technical training can apply for training grants via the Going PRO Talent Fund. This unique state funded grant opportunity can only be accessed by working with your local Michigan Works! agency. They will help guide you on the application process where you can include Delta College as your technical training provider.
Delta offers over 150 technical training classes and can build one to suit your employee skills gap needs. Examples of eligible training include welding, CNC, blueprint reading, benchmarking, 5S workplace organization, GD&T, project management, electrical, leadership or management training among others.
With the shortage of talent in the workforce pipeline many businesses are experiencing challenges with leadership, personal effectiveness, quality and error proofing. Delta College has training programs that target these needs too!
Millions of dollars are available through this training grant program. Let Delta College state-of-the-art technical labs and hands-on training help build your team.
Contact Delta College at 989-758-3602 or firstname.lastname@example.org and learn how Delta College can deliver training for your employees.
Free skilled trades, leadership, project management and Excel training at Delta College
Middle Michigan Development Corporation Regional Talent Innovation Program, RTI, will provide businesses in the Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland or Saginaw counties the ability to train workers at no cost by using Delta College as a training provider. Individuals must work at a business located in one of the listed counties or have been impacted by COVID-19. Short-term training can provide individual employees up to 40 hours or a total of two certificates of training. Training must be completed before the end of April 2023. Training grant funds will cover 100% of those who apply. Over $550,000 in grant funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. This program is ideal to upskill entry level workers.
Popular RTI Delta College training courses include:
Electrical Overview & Schematics
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
Hand & Power Tools Safety
High Performing Leadership
Hydraulics & Pneumatics
Microsoft Excel Level 1
Robotics Programming & Operation
- Submit the Employer Interest Form to register your business' interest in the training and classes you want to have employees attend. Minimum of four employees needed for each class.
- Delta College will connect with you and then provide you a proposal for the training services available at Delta College.
- Your business signs the Delta College training proposal and then directs employees who are to take the training to complete their individual online application and submit required verification materials for approval.
- Delta College schedules the class for your employees to attend and after the training is done, provides your business certificates of completion.
- Delta submits invoice to the MMDC for all individuals who applied online. Your business
will be invoiced for any employee who attended the class and did not complete the
application process with documentation.
Questions on the RTI program email email@example.com.