Delta College has a ton of scholarships. And, more than 50 percent of applicants received a scholarship last year. That's about 500 students getting help paying for college. Those are great odds for free money!
One of the greatest times of the year on Delta College's campus is the day we pause to recognize our student graduates. You too can march forward to claim your diploma at our Commencement ceremonies. Don't let a lack of funding keep you from getting started. With a little bit of additional work, you may be surprised at the dollars that could be available to help cover your tuition costs!
The Delta College Foundation supports the educational pursuits of many Delta students
through the generosity of donors who provide funding. Whether you’re an incoming
freshman, current student, or transferring on to your university of choice, Delta
has scholarship options to help you on your way to the career of your dreams.
There are opportunities throughout the year to seek a scholarship for your Delta College classes. We've given you some of the details below to help in your planning. If you are thinking about attending Delta College, be sure to check back here often for further details. Thank you for thinking about becoming a Delta College Pioneer!
Study abroad scholarships are available to give you a rewarding life-changing experience
abroad. Thanks to generous donors, the scholarships are intended for a broad range
of activities leading to better knowledge of foreign languages and of their people,
their countries, and their cultures.
There is an extensive amount of time and research that students must invest in order to ensure that they will have a good plan in place to travel abroad. We encourage you to begin early and ask for help if you find that you have questions. Please call Christine Yaroch at 989-686-9447.
The process is now closed and will open again in the late summer of 2018, so check back then.
Apply now! This process will only be open from October 2 to November 20. Apply for the President’s Honors Scholarship and receive enough dollars each year
to pay for your complete degree! We call it a "full ride."
This is an academic-based scholarship for high school students. It covers two years of tuition, fees, required books and more.
- Be a resident of Bay, Midland or Saginaw County
- Graduating from high school in 2018
- Have a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or 4.1 or higher G.P.A. on a weighted scale
- Have a composite SAT score of 1200 or higher
- Plan to earn a transfer degree or an occupational degree
- Complete the federal aid application FAFSA (financial need not a requirement). Students may start applying for FAFSA beginning October 1. Our Financial Aid Office will assist you if needed.
- Attend Delta College full time beginning in Fall Semester 2018.
- Seek and complete an associate degree in two years.
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 G.P.A.
- Become a member of the Honors Program and complete the Honors Certificate requirements. The Honors Program has a specially designed curriculum, and opportunities for leadership, volunteerism, and travel study through the H.A.T.S (Honors Academic Travel Study) Program.
- Complete 10 documented volunteer hours prior to your final semester.
Complete a Delta College Admissions Application (a student ID number is required for the scholarship application).
- Complete the online Scholarship Application prior to the deadline of Monday, November 20.
- Answer all application questions.
- Complete one of the Honors essay questions.
- There will be two other essay questions on the application that are for students who are not applying for the President’s Honors Scholarship or other Honors scholarships. It is strongly advised that you also answer those two questions, so you can be considered for other scholarships if you do not receive the President's Honors Scholarship or an Honors scholarship.
- Upload the following documents:
- Two academic letters of recommendation (from teachers or counselors)
- High School transcript
- Unofficial SAT transcript
This full ride scholarship provides the following:
- Tuition, fees and required books for two years
- Travel scholarship of $500 will be set aside to be used toward a Delta College international Travel Study experience or a similar approved activity
- The $100 application fee to join PHI THETA KAPPA (PTK), the international honor society for two-year colleges offers many transfer scholarships to universities around the country
- Academic guidance from an Honors designated Advisor
- Select President's Honors Scholarship from the list on the scholarship application website to access the application.
- Remember you must apply to Delta College to receive your Delta student ID number. Your Delta ID number is required for the application so please plan accordingly.
- This annual process will be announced again next fall, with a similar deadline for application.
- Communication with applicants will be made through your Delta College email address.
- Please establish a username and password for your Delta email account when your Delta student ID number is issued to you when you apply to Delta College.
- Applicants selected for further consideration must be available for a face-to-face interview on either Friday, December 8 or 15, 2017.
- Award decisions will be made by late January 2018.
Delta College has an online process for students to use when applying for scholarships.
This year, the process will be open from December 19, 2017 through February 22, 2018,
so start thinking ahead! Most students know by the first week of May whether they
will be receiving dollars for the following academic year.
There are a few unique scholarships that are available through the same application process. For instance, the Honors Program Scholarships are awarded to several Honors students each year. Honors scholarships range from $600 per semester to $1,000 per semester (for Fall and Winter) if you are a full-time student. The scholarships are merit-based and no financial need is necessary. To apply for these scholarships students must have applied and been accepted into the Honors Program.
Another great opportunity is to pursue the Business & Information Technology Scholarship, which is worth $1,250 per semester ($2,500 per year) if you are a full-time student.
Delta College has offered its Possible Dream Program to middle and high school students, with a goal of encouraging high school completion and college attendance. There is a special scholarship offered for only Possible Dream students.
By completing the general online application, you will be placed in a pool for consideration for numerous awards. Be sure to indicate if you are a Possible Dream student, because this scholarship is worth a total of $4,000 ($2,000 for the first year at Delta College and another $2,000 for the second year at Delta College).
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- MUST attend Delta College to receive the scholarship funding.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
- Be a past Possible Dream program participant.
- Must have a 2.5 grade point average in high school for consideration and must maintain a Delta 2.5 grade point average in order to retain the award for the second year.
- Must have demonstrated involvement in Possible Dream activities over the years.
- Students are strongly encouraged to enroll in 15 credit hours each semester (30 credits per year) in order to ensure degree completion.
The Nickless Family Scholarship was created for students who are continuing their education at a four-year college
or university within Michigan. Two students will receive a scholarship worth $6,000
($3,000 each for the fall and winter semesters). The scholarship recipients are eligible
to receive the scholarship for two consecutive years, and they would compete for the
scholarship each year.
If you are interested in applying for the Nickless Scholarship, you must meet all of the qualifications below:
- Will be attending a four-year college or university within Michigan as a full-time student in fall 2018 and winter 2019.
- Have earned 58 credits at Delta College prior to transfer (by December 2017 and August 2018).
- OR you will qualify if you graduated from Delta College between December 2017 and August 2018.
- You must have a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or higher.
- Students may or may not have financial need to qualify.
The award can be used for tuition, books and fees. Scholarships will be awarded to those students who may or may not have financial need and will be sent directly to your four year college or university. The dollars will not be given directly to the student.
In addition to applying for a Delta College Foundation scholarship, you should also
apply for other financial aid. The biggest step you could take is to apply for federal
financial aid. You can do this by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
The FAFSA application can be found online. When asked on the form, be sure to list the Delta College school code (002251). This will forward information to Delta and allows us to build a financial package for you.
Most students will need financial and income information from their parents, but it is worth the time and effort to explore. There's a very good chance you may qualify. And the best news is that you could receive federal aid through the Pell grant program, IN ADDITION to any other scholarship dollars for which you qualify.
Finally, there are certain scholarships that require you to first complete the FAFSA. So, get started and fill out the information!
It's important for students to explore all funding opportunities, including whether there may be any Community Scholarships available. Many funds can be accessed by residents of Bay, Saginaw and Midland counties, through the following local organizations. Each one has different application deadlines and requirements, so look them over carefully.
Be sure to look at community organizations, your local library, cultural groups, and/or churches for scholarship opportunities. You can also use the free state and national scholarship search sites to find scholarships for future and currently enrolled college students.
Scholarship dollars can really make a difference. They’re a great resume builder and look good on transfer college applications. Plus, they help you pay for college. It may be a little work to fill out the application, but it’s worth the effort. It’s free money!
Less than half the cost of a public university, with the same quality education.
An interest-free tuition plan that spreads out your payments.
Half of Delta students receive some form of assistance.
"Thank you very much for selecting me to receive the Scott A. Clemons Memorial Scholarship. I am responsible for paying for most of my college expenses, so this is very much appreciated. I am looking forward to receiving my degree from Delta College and moving on to obtain my Bachelor's Degree."