Applying Online Using STARS
Please read all the following information. It will assist you in your effort to receive a scholarship.
All students must have a Delta College student ID number to apply for scholarships. If you applied for scholarships last year through STARS - use the user name and password that you had last year. You will only have to update last year’s application and answer the free form essay questions.
If you forgot your user name and password, click the "Forgot my Password" link and an email will be sent to you with a new user name and password. This email will be sent to the email address you used on last year’s scholarship application.
Important Scholarship Information
For the safety of your scholarship information, you must follow these password requirements.
Note to All High School Seniors
- Current high school transcript must be postmarked by February 28, 2013, to be considered. Email transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Delta College Foundation Office
1961 Delta Road
University Center, MI 48710
- All students must have a Delta College student ID number to apply for scholarships. You receive an ID number when you apply to attend Delta College.
Free Form Essay Questions and How Your Essay Answers Will Be Rated
- When answering these questions, it’s highly recommended to type your answers in Microsoft Word, then copy and paste your answers into the online application. That way you will know how many words are in each answer and you don’t have to worry about the scholarship software timing you out. You will receive points if you write the minimum number of words per question – which is 150 words. You will be penalized if you do not write 150 words; however, we ask that you don't exceed 250 words.
- Your answers will be rated on:
- Spelling and grammar
- Whether you meet the 150 word requirement
- Delta College's Writing Center Café can assist you with your essay writing. It is located in the back of the Library Learning Information Center (LLIC), near A-125. The office hours are Monday - Thursday from 8am – 6pm and Friday 8am – 2pm. No appointments are needed. Students are assisted on a first come, first serve basis. You may contact them at 989-686-9086, or from Midland/Auburn, call toll free at (989) 495-4000, ext. 9086.
Special Instructions for Honors Scholarships
- Must have applied and been accepted into the Honors Program.
- The honors scholarships have one additional essay question that must be answered. However, to be considered for all other scholarships, you must answer two essay questions and tell us your major and how many credits you will have earned after Winter 2013 semester. We encourage you to apply for all scholarships by answering all the questions.
- Choose one of the essay topics and write a short essay of up to 400 words. The essay may be written in Microsoft Word, then copied and pasted into the application.
- Honors students must upload two recommendation letters as directed on the application.
- List your community and volunteer activities. This will be an attachment (uploaded).
- List your honors and awards you’ve received in high school and/or college. If you have not received any awards/honors, please state that in an attachment.
- List any substantial academic projects or papers that reflect your intellectual learning and academic effort.
- Semi-Finalists will be interviewed.
- This scholarship is worth $700 per semester (total $1,400) if you are a full-time student. Full-time is 12 credits or more.
Special Instructions for the Business and Information Technology Scholarships
- Semi-Finalists will be interviewed.
- This scholarship is worth $1,350 per semester ($2,700) if you are a full-time student. Full-time is 12 credits or more.
It is important that you add the email@example.com email to your list of trusted domains. Information relating to your Delta College Stars Online 2013 - 2014 scholarship application will be sent to you from this email. Information regarding your scholarship application will be sent to the email address you listed on your application.
If you have questions about these instructions, please contact the Foundation Office at (989) 686-9224. From Midland/Auburn, call toll free at (989) 495-4000, ext. 9224.