MSCTC Physical Abilities Test
The Physical Abilities Test consists of the following:
||A 40 lb. weight will be carried a total distance of 100 feet. Half-way through, the weight will be placed down on the floor and picked back up again.
||To achieve ascending a six (6) story building, five (5) flights of stairs will be ascended and descended. Candidates will have to climb up and down a four (4) step staircase fifteen times. The four (4) step ladder is exactly 1/3 a flight of stairs in a standard U.S. building.
||Candidates will run approximately 330 feet. They will loop around a total of six (6) cones. The cones will be staggered approximately forty-five (45) feet apart.
||A candidate will have to manipulate a "notched" peg to place it into a peg board in a specific direction (much like a key). They will need to insert a total of ten (10) pegs in the peg board.
||A 165 lb. dummy will be dragged 22.5 feet to a turnaround point and back. The total drag will be 45 feet. The dummy will start face-down on the ground, feet facing the center court. The candidate must flip the dummy stomach up and turn the dummy so its head is facing the center before starting to drag. When returning the dummy back across the line, the candidate must return the dummy to a stomach down position.
|Candidate will lie down on their back, then stand up with knees straight and lie down on their stomach and stand up with knees straight. This will constitute 1 cycle. They will need to complete five (5) cycles.
Physical Fitness Test Schedule
Applicant testing must be successfully completed within six (6) months preceding date of hire. If an applicant is not hired within six months of the test date, s/he must successfully complete the physical test again in order to be hired. A pre-hire will not be permitted to take the physical fitness test more than three time in any 12 month period.
If all parts of the test are completed properly and within the time limits, a passing score shall be issued. Failure of any portion of the test shall result in a failing score. The entire test must be repeated if any portion is failed.
Health and Safety Precautions
Any individual taking a physical fitness test is assumed to have no physical/medical condition which would affect testing. If at any time during the test, the examiner conducting the test observes symptoms which may indicate an unsafe health condition, the test will be stopped. If the test is stopped by the examiner because of an unsafe health condition, an incomplete will be issued. When medically cleared to take the test, the participant will be allowed to retake the test without having the attempt count against them.
Upcoming Test Schedule:
- Sunday, January 10, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: January 5, 2016)
- Sunday, February 7, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: January 28, 2016)
- Sunday, March 13, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: March 3, 2016)
- Sunday, April 10, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: March 31, 2016)
- Sunday, May 15, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: May 5, 2016)
- Saturday, June 18, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: June 9, 2016)
- Saturday, July 9, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: June 30, 2016)
- Sunday, August 14, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: August 4, 2016)
- Sunday, September 11, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: September 1, 2016)
- Sunday, October 9, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: September 29, 2016)
- Sunday, November 13, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: November 3, 2016)
- Sunday, December 11, 2016 (Registration and Payment Deadline: December 1, 2016)
Physical Fitness Testing begins promptly at 2:00 pm. Testing will take place in the Pioneer Gym (Room N110).
Participants must bring photo ID and the completed MSCTC Physical Abilities Test Physician's Health Screening Form. This form must be completed by a licensed physician or physician's assistant.
Test Fee: $50.00 per person