- On Campus Call 9111
- Off Campus or Centers Call 989-686-9111 or Call 911
- If Public Safety cannot be contacted Call 911
- If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT! Clear the area and immediately call the Department of Public Safety at ext. 9111.
- Any person receiving a phone call bomb threat should ask the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Keep talking to the caller as long as possible and record the following:
- Time of call.
- Age and sex of caller.
- Speech pattern, accent, possible nationality, etc.
- Emotional state of the caller
- Background noise.
- Immediately notify the Department of Public Safety, ext. 9111. Report the incident. DO NOT USE TWO-WAY RADIOS OR CELL PHONES.
- Public Safety officers will conduct a detailed bomb search. Employees are required to make a cursory inspection of their area for suspicious objects and to report the location to the Department of Public Safety. DO NOT TOUCH THE OBJECT! Do not open drawers, cabinets, or turn lights on and off.
- If an emergency exists the Department of Public Safety will activate the building alarm.
- When the building evacuation alarm is sounded, walk to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- ASSIST PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES IN EXITING THE BUILDING! Remember that the elevators are reserved for persons with disabilities. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
- Once outside proceed to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the building. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrants and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO BY A COLLEGE OFFICIAL.