Department of Public Safety 9111
If Public Safety cannot be reached call 911
- If serious injury or illness occurs on campus, immediately dial the Department of Public Safety, ext. 9111. Give your name; describe the nature and severity of the medical problem and the campus location of the victim.
- In case of minor injury or illness provide first aid care.* Once this is done immediately call the Department of Public Safety.
- In case of serious injury or illness Red Cross trained personnel,* if at the scene, should quickly perform the following steps:
- Keep the victim still and comfortable. DO NOT move the victim.
- Ask victim, "Are you okay?" and "What is wrong?"
- Check breathing and give artificial respiration if necessary.
- Control serious bleeding by direct pressure on the wound.
- Continue to assist the victim until help arrives.
- Look for emergency medical ID, question witness and give all information to responding medical personnel.
- The Executive Staff should establish plans and conduct regular reviews so that persons trained in First Aid and CPR are available in key locations throughout the college facilities. Training is available through the local Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
*Only Red Cross or American Heart Association trained personnel should provide first aid treatment.