One of the most memorable moments in your life will be receiving your associate’s degree or certificate from Delta College. We celebrate our graduates with a special commencement ceremony once each year. Graduates of the previous summer and fall semesters and those who plan to graduate in the winter semester are encouraged to participate. Students graduating in the current spring/summer semester are also welcome to attend.
Students who participate in the commencement event receive a complementary diploma
cover. You must submit your graduation application to the Registrar’s Office no later
than March 17 for your name to appear in the commencement program.
Apply for graduation
Before you can graduate, you must make sure all graduation requirements are met and complete/submit a Graduation Application.
Any questions pertaining to the completion of the Graduation Application may be directed to a student success advisor.
Complete the application filling out the Graduation Application and submitting it electronically (all information must be completed). Incomplete/inaccurate applications will be returned to you, resulting in possible delays in processing/awarding your degree.
Caps and gowns
The Delta College Bookstore serves as the distribution agent for commencement apparel
and announcements. Delta College graduates will wear environmentally friendly caps
and gowns produced of dark green Renew Fabric, which is made from post-consumer plastic
bottles. Approximately 27 recycled plastic bottles are used to create one standard
Commencement apparel and announcements will be available for purchase in the Bookstore from April 3 through April 28.
If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa and interested in a Phi Theta Kappa stole, cords and/or tassel for commencement, you may order graduation accessories from ptk.org. Most orders take two weeks to arrive so please plan accordingly.
- Caps are worn with the tops in a horizontal position, not tilted. Tassels are worn on the right side.
- Men wear caps throughout the program except during the Invocation. When in doubt, follow the example of the Academic Community on the platform.
- Women do not remove caps during the ceremony.
- Valuables should be left with relatives or friends.
- All graduates must wear caps and gowns.
The 2023 Commencement Ceremony will be held Friday, April 28, 2023 at 6pm in the Pioneer Gym on Main Campus.
Exercises will begin promptly at 6pm in Delta College’s Pioneer Gym. Guests will be admitted to enter the gym at 5pm. Ask your guests who have tickets to arrive before 5:45pm, as doors will close at that time.
Each graduate who will be participating in commencement will receive five guest tickets for entry into the Pioneer Gym, which is primarily bleacher seating. Tickets will be issued to graduates when they purchase their cap and gown in the Bookstore. If you have received a cap and gown from another source, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (989) 686-9681 for ticket information.
Unfortunately, additional tickets are not available. Non-ticketed theater style guest seating will be available in the Delta College Lecture Theater on a walk-in basis (no ticket required). The ceremony will be broadcast live in this location as well as on Facebook.
Instructions will be given when you register on the Commencement Participation Roster in the bookstore or purchase your cap/gown.
- Graduates must check-in at the West Main Hallway (by the E-wing) between 4:15pm and 5:15pm for final instructions.
- At check-in, you will be given a card with your name and highest degree/certificate to be read when you walk to the stage.
- If you are eligible, Honor Cords will be issued upon check-in (with a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA).
- Programs will be placed on graduates’ seats in the gymnasium.
- Graduates must participate in the Commencement Recessional and cannot leave early.
- Guests must remain seated until the academic procession has left the gymnasium.
A cake and punch reception will immediately follow the commencement ceremony in the Commons (lower level) and is an opportunity for graduates to relax with friends and family. It is also an opportunity for the College Community to express their congratulations to the graduates.
Diplomas and transcripts
Diplomas for graduates usually arrive within four weeks after degree completion and are mailed to the address on file. Only students who have submitted an application for graduation with the Registrar’s Office can expect a diploma or certificate. A complimentary graduate copy transcript will be included with your diploma/certificate. Additional or official transcripts can be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse.