The Associate in Science degree is designed for students planning to transfer to a university to earn a bachelor's, or higher, degree. In general, the components of the degree meet requirements for majors with more stringent mathematics and science requirements. One of the great features of the program is that it offers flexibility and customization in course selection.
Earnings vary depending on the major and career you choose. However, having your associate's
can lead to greater job opportunities and higher earning potential as you study for
your bachelor's degree.
Visit Career Coach to research the growth and earning outlook for the career you're considering.
So you are thinking about transferring? Representatives from several area universities maintain regular office hours right in our academic advising office, and others drop in frequently. Get the answers you need by making an appointment or stopping by to talk directly with your future university.
Why you should choose Delta
One of the very best things about Delta College is your ability to start here and go anywhere. And, in the process, save thousands (and thousands) of dollars. It's a smart choice!
Pre-approved transfer agreements
Delta has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies with:
- Alma College – Biology, Environmental Science, Health Care Administration
- Central Michigan University – Chemistry, Electric Engineering, Meteorology with CS & Mathematics Minors
- Kettering University – Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Chemistry & Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics
- Michigan State University – Agricultural Operations (Institute of Ag Tech Certificate), Fruit and Vegetable Crop Management (Institute of Ag Tech Certificate)
- Northwood University – Business Administration
- Palmer College of Chiropractic
- University of Michigan Flint – Physical Therapy, Radiation Therapy
- University of Detroit Mercy – Engineering
- Additional opportunities with Bellevue University, Ferris State University, Franklin University, Kaplan University and Northwood University
Interested? Make an appointment with academic advising to discuss your dreams. Courses transfer differently based on the university you plan to attend. An advisor can help you determine the exact courses you need to get the education you’re looking for.
Major pathways available
Not seeing a transfer agreement right for you? That's okay. We can help you get there from here. We offer a wide array of classes in these areas, so you can explore potential career paths in small classes with faculty who care about your success, then transfer on to continue in that major. Remember, it's important to work with an academic advisor from transfer college or university.
Getting involved is a great way to explore a field you're interested in and to meet people that share some of those same interests. Delta College has a Biology and Chemistry club, or you could start something new.
At the Teaching Learning Center, located in the Library, we offer tutoring on a wide variety of subjects. Individual tutoring is by appointment, and we have both face-to-face and online tutoring options. We also offer facilitated study groups and academic coaching consultations to help students develop learning, study, and test-taking strategies.
The specially-designed courses emphasize creative and critical thinking, providing a unique learning experience. You have more exploration of the subject area with increased faculty and student interaction. Make the most of your Delta experience. Join Honors!
Facts & Figures
Our students get the latest technology so they can graduate and be ready to hit the ground running.
Delta is nationally recognized as one of America's leading community colleges.
Delta College offers over 140 degree, certificate and training options. Continue exploring and advancing your education with these related programs: